Senior Project Manager - SAP
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Senior Project Manager - SAP
Location: Hungary or the Czech Republic - with home office option
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible to manage a team of PMs and the project plans of larger SAP implementation in the EMEA region.
- Plan, control and execute project requirements following Eaton-prescribed process (ProLaunch and PMBOK) to ensure business objectives are met.
- Work with Resource Managers to staff projects.
- Define and communicate roles for project team members (functional-technical).
- Establish project budget, track spend and communicate current and project burn rates.
- Work with customers and technical resources to develop project plans, detailing work break down structures and critical path.
- Ensure that requirements are contained within defined scope.
- Perform risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation.
- Manage customer and external supplier deliverables.
- Develop communication strategies and lead communications with key stakeholders.
- Document and drive issues through resolution, escalating to customer, supplier and IT management as necessary.
- Involves working in a highly matrix organization spanning domestic and international locations.
- Perform vendor management and contract negotiations and reviews.
- Involves complex process and organizational change management.
- Focus is primarily on large scale regional and transformational SAP projects in a matrixed international environment with senior leadership being the primary stakeholders.
- Providing project leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for project delivery
- Defining and communicating roles and responsibilities for project team members – functional and technical
- Developing project plans including detailing work breakdown structures and critical path
- Working with customers and technical resources to develop project schedule and detailed cost breakdowns
- Performing risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation planning
- Ensuring sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders
- Developing communication strategies and leading communications with mid-level or first line leaders and key stakeholders
- Monitoring and reporting on schedule and budget variances
- Ensuring quality delivery of team member tasks in accordance to the plan
- Developing communication strategies and leading communications with senior executives (VP, Directors and Officers) and key stakeholders globally.
- Managing third party suppliers.
- Directing the work of a large scale team of IT and functional resources.
- On-time delivery of projects on or before due date. On-budget delivery +/- 10%
- Zero Early Life Failures
- Project Survey Scores
- Delivery Scores on the Stakeholder Survey (needs reviewed)
- Leading resources on projects that are not direct reports – matrix organization (10+)
- Manage full SAP Implementation projects more than $100K in expense labor and less than $2 million dollars in total capital
- Projects range between 9 - 18 months
- Team size exceeding 20 resources
- Projects may involve third party implementation partners
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on SAP implementation as team leader – than please apply
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 7 years’ Project Management experience
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Generally 25% travel. Up to 50% travel during peak project times (workshops, go-live, etc.) Travel will generally stay within EMEA but could include an occasional trip to the US.
- PMP certificate
- Successfully led major SAP enterprise system implementations, preferably in large, multi-national organizations.
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time