Continuous Improvement Manager
- You will initiate, lead, and facilitate successful Kaizen events/Continuous Improvement events and BPIs for the Highland facility.
- You will serve as Tool Expert in all ELS/CI Tools with emphasis on Value Stream Mapping and develop local ELS/CI Tool Champions and Experts by providing training and consulting support
- You will perform and validate ELS assessments when required
- You will be responsible for attainment of ELS Assessment and ELSS Cost Savings objectives and provide regular ELSS/CI status updates to plant staff and immediate supervisor
- You will provide additional support in other areas of Operational Excellence (EHS, EBE, EQS, EBS Pull and Quality Systems) as needed.
- You will serve as an active member of the Highland facilities extended leadership team
- You will drive Continuous Improvement Framework deployment (visual controls)
- You will monitor overall plant performance toward plant and division objectives for Cost Out activities
- You will facilitate Kaizen events as required, especially for more advanced applications of ELSS tools or as part of training new tool facilitators.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Distribution
- Relocation is NOT approved for this position, only candidates residing within a 50 miles radius from Highland, IL will be considered.
- Must be legal to work without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Train and lead plant in CI tools, Continuous Improvement Framework, EBS Pull, and Rapid
Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles Lean/Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt, Black Belt)
- Strong understanding and execution of Value Stream Mapping
- Operational Excellence experience
- Experience in managing people
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time