Eaton’s Electrical Controls Power Conversion Division-Transportation is currently seeking a Product Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Camarillo, CA facility. Relocation benefits provided for candidates that do not reside within a 50 mile radius of the Camarillo, CA location.
The Product Manager is responsible as business leader for the Military Connector product line, focused on the military and aerospace market. In this role, your primary metrics associated with this position will be growth/adoption of connectors and actuator revenue at target standard margins, managing product portfolio life cycle, PROLaunch gate and business development funnel (3rd year MAS), product roadmap and business plan definition, and product launch schedule compliance.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage portfolio profitability by mitigating impacts to standard margin, and maximizing Military revenue opportunities.
- You will be responsible for planning and forecasting of bookings and revenue in support of Eaton EBS business cycle.
- You will maintain current year profit plan and 3-year forecast and business plans to ensure committed revenue growth and margin performance at the portfolio level.
- You will achieve associated business plan metric commitments with a focus on revenue, margin, NPI launch schedule compliance, and customer satisfaction. Responsible for the P&L activities to sustain and grow the product line including product planning (new & existing products), positioning, pricing, and promotion.
- You will contribute to price and manufacturing strategy, directly responsible for price and manufacturing exit strategy to drive product obsolescence and conversion to new product platforms. Identify and resolve obsolescence, EOL, and phase out issues.
- You will define and implement business strategies for product plans, project priorities, pricing strategies, effectively coordinate with functional teams to achieve development schedules. Clearly and persuasively communicate the unique product benefits to a varied audience including internal teams and customers.
- You will define product roadmaps for the Military connector and actuation products, establish long-range growth objectives, obtain supporting information through market and technology research, competitive and customer analysis, and customer visits.
- You will establish vitality metrics for new products and ensure that there is an appropriate product development funnel to support achievement of that objective.
- You will initiate and/or approve PROLaunch projects, prioritize and support project deck, working in conjunction with project management and R&D resources, help to ensure schedule adherence. Provide detailed Marketing Requirement.
- You will document for new products, based upon new and existing technologies. Coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams focusing on delivering new or upgraded products.
- You will identify key growth segments for products within the Military and Aerospace segment and the product and service needs for these segments. Develop business plans for financial justification and capital investment when appropriate and defined by the PROLaunch process.
- You will drive competitive differentiation through the incorporation of customer value insights obtained through the conversion of VOC inputs into product features/benefits.
- You will initiate promotional activities to meet growth objectives and business performance goals consistent with the strategic plan, communicate value proposition and competitive differentiation
- You will be responsible for analysis of total market potential and establishing market strategies to optimize short and long-term business performance in terms of profitability, sales, market penetration and minimization the effect of competition.
- You will perform market and competitor Research to provide technology trend and needs analysis inputs required for the development of business plans and product line strategies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing and/or product management in the electronic, electro-mechanical or electrical equipment field
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Sales and/or heavy customer management/key account management experience
- MBA preferred
- Experience with marketing electrical products in the Military and Aerospace market for OEM applications
- Experience with strategic product launches and marketing evaluations within the Military and Aerospace market
- Process experience with PROLaunch or an equivalent gated NPI process framework
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Strong customer facing skills and commercial business process experience
- Self-Initiator, analytical, ability to work independently
- Demonstrated adaptability, business acumen, change management, leadership under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player that actively contributes to the group’s success
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in additional to strong organizational skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to effectively prioritize and balance workload
- Strong computer skills with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time