Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening for a Plant Manager in our South Bend, IN location.
The Plant Manager leads and manages all plant resources and assures that the operation is working profitably to provide products that consistently meet or exceed expectations in terms of quality, workmanship, and delivery while maximizing the return on assets. The primary function of this position is to lead the daily operations of the South Bend plant, providing strategy and direction for all manufacturing and support functions to optimize business objectives. Overall responsibility for leading plant teams in achieving production schedule, product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals. Provides leadership to all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. Leverages resources and motivates personnel to create high performance and collaborative culture.
- Provide leadership, direction and manage site operations to include manufacturing, operational excellence, materials, quality, EHS and human resources
- Drive customer satisfaction, cost of quality, inventory, productivity, organizational development and other operations metrics of the facility
- Develop, implement and review suitable short and long range plans to achieve assigned Plant and group objectives such as the profit plan, strategic plan, human resource organizational capability plan and forecasts based on customer expectations, and committing to achieving established targets
- Coordinate and direct through managers, all functions of facility operations, including but not limited to manufacturing, asset utilization, inventory control, facilities control, building lay-out and construction, maintenance, manufacturing projects and studies, cost control, manpower utilization, work standards and administration
- Maintain positive relations with the UAW bargaining unit while working within the principles of the Eaton philosophy
- Review, maintain, control, implement corrective action and regularly report on the financial progress of the plant within the assigned group to maintain profit plan expectations
- Develop and maintain innovative and effective cost reduction programs throughout operations
- Implement and adhere to the Eaton Business System, Eaton Quality System, and Eaton Lean Six Sigma
- Foster an environment of employee engagement by embracing a culture of inclusion and continuous improvement
- Responsible for contributing to the development of all plant policies, consistent with the direction of the overall Eaton organization. Ensure that Eaton policies, practices and initiatives are implemented and followed
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing organization
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a manager of people
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate ideas, concepts, and programs to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated success in effectively and confidently providing “leadership” to employees in a constantly changing environment
- Must be able to effectively and confidently communicate and coordinate project assignments with employees, customers and suppliers at all levels of their respective organizations
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification.
- Prior work experience in different functions
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Ability to think strategically and lead change in a team environment.
- Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes:
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
- This person will be located in Eaton’s South Bend, IN location
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time