Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
You will work onsite at South Molton heading up the materials management department , coordinating with various areas of the business, ensuring high class excellence within materials management
Materials Manager – South Molton
Your key deliverables:
This position is responsible for Managing key materials related functions such as materials planning, scheduling and ordering activities associated with the delivery of specific customer products.
Manages and directs materials planning personnel in the receipt and inventory of material to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels.
Is expected to train and educate direct reports on the use of various business systems, varieties of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customer requirements.
Manages current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
· Ensures required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to allocate, purchase, internally manufacture or reschedule material as required
· Assists in Expediting material, where required, to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements
· Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution
· Ensures correct planning parameters are utilized in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper order generation
· Manages material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases
· Analyzes and manages aggregate inventory levels in relation to customer requirements to meet profit and inventory targets and goals
· Arranges for the sale of scrap, obsolete, surplus materials and by-products in order to minimize excess material
· Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
· Coordinates with central Corporate Supply Chain Function to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
· Support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity strategies to achieve synergy across the operation
· A material manager with extensive supply chain and materials management experience
· Are you looking for the next step in your career managing a team?
· Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
· Thorough understanding of Materials Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, and inventory control.
· Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
· Multiple years of related professional and supervisory/Managerial experience
Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
Experience required in the following areas desirable:
· Annual Inventory Value of Material Managed:
· Annual Shipment Revenue of Material Managed:
· Annual Purchase Part Value of Material Managed:
· Manufactured Part Count:
· Purchased Part Count:
· Complexity of Material Managed (Low, Medium, High):
· Number of Direct Reports:
· Departmental Budget (Labor):
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers?
· Competitive compensation and benefits package (/you can list the benefits here/)
· Contract in fast growing global company
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No