CNC Machinist (2nd Shift)
- You will operate boring mills and vertical turret lathes, equipped with chucks, clamps, standard work holding devices or special fixtures, to efficiently machine all types of parts and materials in operations suitable to boring mill methods.
- You will set up machines and tooling to perform jobs as specified by drawings or sketches.
- You will maintain tolerances consistent with the requirements of the work and the characteristics of the machine.
- You will maintain machine and cutting tools by making minor adjustments and recommending that repairs be made by the Maintenance Department, as required.
- You will operate electric hoist or crane, as required, for moving heavy pieces in the course of the work.
- You will operate other machine tools, within the operator’s ability, as required, in cases of emergency.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience with CNC Vertical and/or CNC machining centers, including proficiency in all aspects of set-up and operation of equipment.
- This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Brooklyn, OH will be considered.
- Must be proficient in shop mathematics, blueprint reading and the use of precision measuring devices such as micrometers and gauges.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Word, etc.) and have the ability and desire to learn other programs as needed.
- Experienced with Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing techniques, such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Error Proofing, Standard Work, Set Up Reduction, Continuous Flow and Pull.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No