Production Utility Operator (2nd Shift)
- You will operate overhead cranes from floor or from cab, forklift or pallet truck to lift and move parts, raw materials, machinery and other items as required.
- You will move production and contract parts, tooling, materials and other items such as parts, jigs, fixtures, molds, patterns, in accordance with process documentation, paperless information systems or verbal instructions.
- You will burr, wash and/or paint parts or assemblies, and identify parts and attach product identification, as required.
- You will build shipping containers, rough shelving, skids and other rough wooden fixtures by operating woodworking machinery and hand tools, as required.
- You will provide support to the maintenance department and perform inside/outside maintenance duties such as assembling/disassembling, checking battery levels, cleaning sewer sumps/air reservoir tanks, paint, perform minor repairs on various types of equipment, and replace air, water and other hoses.
- You will maintain material handling equipment, saws and tools in good working order in accordance with established EHS procedures and complete documentation as required.
- You will perform preventative maintenance of oiling and lubricating machinery, motors, fans and cranes; changing oil and filters as needed. You will also maintain records; informing the supervisor and maintenance when more extensive repair is necessary.
Must have high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
Minimum two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing/operations environment.
No relocation will be provided. Candidates being considered for this role must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Eaton Brooklyn facility.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Minimum one (1) year of deburring experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of industrial paint experience.
- Ability to learn process sequences and follow directions.
- Proficiency in all aspects of setup and/or operation of assigned equipment and knowledge of all parts and material carried in stockroom after adequate training period.
- Proficiency in shop mathematics, blueprint reading and the use of precision measuring devices such as micrometers and gauges.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No