Regional UK Quality Manager
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
You will work within our Global Quality Team at our Titchfield Site:
Regional Quality Manager
Your key deliverables:
EMEA Regional Quality Manager to deploy the Aerospace Quality strategy to the manufacturing plants within the UK. Implement global Aerospace, Industrial Sector and Corporate Quality programs, goals and objectives at the operational level and provide overall Quality leadership to the operations within the region.
Drive Quality improvement efforts, at the plant level, through regular reviews of the plant Quality Management System, leading indicators, and lagging indicators.
Responsibilities also include regular communication and reporting to Aerospace Group Leadership Team, the deployment of the Eaton Quality System and Self-Assessments, Balanced Scorecard (EPM), and other quality tools including Six Sigma.
Provide support to customers, suppliers, and partners. Maintain certifications to required Aerospace industry and customer standards. Improve organizational capability of the Quality function within the region.
Provide functional Leadership for Quality Information Systems projects.
Duties as follows:
· Lead the deployment of the Quality strategy within the region.
· Ensure the regional Plants comply with applicable Eaton, customer and industry-specific Quality requirements by conducting the necessary audits and assessments and determine system effectiveness.
· Develop and implement a Quality organizational structure capable of supporting the strategic initiatives and lead the efforts to integrate quality into the development of short and long range business plans.
· Manage the development, implementation, and use of the Balanced Scorecard tool to all levels of the organization (Region and Plant).
· Analyze key quality-related operational metrics and perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level for both on-going production and new product development.
· Lead the sharing of best / transferable practices across the Region and Aerospace Group for the Quality function. Examples include special process controls, PPAP, and Layered Process Audits,
· Continually improve the capability of the Quality organization through ongoing development activities and identification of talent to promote functional bench strength. Ensure deployment of Eaton’s quality functional excellence tool set and provide input to development plans for functional reports.
· Champion the Eaton Quality System (EQS) within the Region. Identify and lead initiatives across the organization to address common barriers for the plants and enable improvement in effectiveness and efficiency of EQS. Responsible for overseeing utilization of EQS to control and improve key regional quality processes and plants.
· Support the Operations Assessment (OpA) process as a Lead Assessor for Quality and represent the Quality Function in the OpA Leadership Review (OpA-LR) process.
· Overall ownership of the Quality Alert and Escape Management process for the Region. Ensures timely escalation / communication of customer spill incidents, and coordinates with Group, Plant Quality/OpEx, and Supplier Development colleges to ensure appropriate containment, root cause, and corrective actions are undertaken with the utmost urgency.
· Lead individual plant Quality functions on an interim basis, as needed.
· Provide functional Leadership for Quality Information Systems projects.
A regional quality manager with significant strategic as well as hands on management experience,
Do you have experience of working in a matrix environment.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· 10 years of experience minimum in Manufacturing, Engineering or Quality Assurance
· 3 years of experience in a site, division, or group Quality Manager role
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, etc.), business or similar.
· Demonstrated ability to drive results in the area of Quality, continuous improvement, etc.
· Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and continuous improvement methods, approaches and tools, including strategic management and project management.
· In-depth experience with the practical application of Quality tools, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management Systems such as ISO-9001, TS-16949, AS-9100 etc.
· Knowledge and experience with the deployment of Eaton’s EQS process, EQS Assessor, Certified Lead Auditor
· Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence (CQM / OE), ISO-9001 Auditor and Six Sigma Blackbelt – preferred.
· Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive change through others.
· Ability to learn customers’ Quality requirements and drive process improvements.
· Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
· Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time