Eaton Leadership Development Program - Operations for Engineers (Canada)
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of roles throughout the program. The majority of participants will work in multiple locations and businesses.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Manufacturing, engineering, operational excellence, supply chain management, quality control, lean manufacturing, supervision and more – wherever your career aspirations may be, you can cultivate your skills in the Eaton Leadership Development Program – Operations for Engineers. Designed to serve as a pipeline for future leaders in the operations of our business groups, this program offers you the chance to work in a variety of engineering, manufacturing and business roles and to rapidly develop your leadership competencies.
Structure of Program:
This is a two-year program that involves three assignments in an Eaton manufacturing facility that each last 8 months. In an effort to maximize your development, each assignment has the potential to have you placed in three different facilities throughout Southern Ontario during the length of your program. Your assignments will give you multiple opportunities to hone your leadership skills. You will also have the opportunity to interact with and present to Eaton leaders during your assignments. After completion of the program, your experience and newly acquired skills could lead you in a variety of career paths, such as operations, operational excellence, quality, project management, supply chain, front line supervision, or engineering. Long term career opportunities as you advance within Eaton could include roles such as plant manager, general manager, product manager, quality manager, manufacturing project leader or program manager.
The Operations for Engineers Leadership Development program position starts in May 2019.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in electrical, mechanical, industrial, industrial & systems, engineering technology, engineering management, operations and / or manufacturing engineering from an accredited institution, with a graduation date no later than May 2019.
- Minimum of one internship or co-op experience
- Legally authorized to work in Canada on a permanent basis without company sponsorship
- This position does not offer relocation. Must reside within 80 km of Burlington, Ontario.
- 2-3 prior internship or co-op experiences in a manufacturing setting
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and / or community
- Ability to speak a second language (French preferred)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time