Lead Contract Analyst
Eaton’s Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division within the Aerospace Group is seeking a Lead Contracts Analyst. The Lead Contracts Analyst will be based at our Jackson, MI facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide guidance and data as requested to the Division Contracts Director, Manager, Contracts Management, and Plant personnel on Customer Specifications, Change Management Processes & Procedures, and applicable Shop Floor related matters.
- You will follow and administer the FED Conveyance Specification and Change Management procedures, and concurrently addresses customer and shop floor communication requirements while processing Customer specification updates and change requests.
- You will administers Shop Floor Instruction (SFI) creation, review, updates/modifications based on Customer specification, contract reviews and internal requests.
- You will manage, load and review Customer specific Part Marking as well as update required product details within the internal Eaton databases.
- You will request quotes from FED pricing department on Change Requests and/or submits Change quotes to customers per FED processes and procedures.
- You will track, investigate and report on internal and external key and strategic metrics as related to Change and Specification Management or as assigned.
- You will drive savings initiatives and goal attainment in line with profit plan and overall business goals for assigned work scope.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working direct with customers in a large manufacturing facility with demonstrated understanding of contract terms is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Jackson, MI facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA)
- 8 years’ experience working with contracts or legal writing
- 8 years’ experience working on a manufacturing floor
- Poised and comfortable working on projects for Key High Profile Customers
- Familiarization with Aerospace Standards, Specifications and Customers.
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization (both written and oral). Ability to interface at all levels. Willing to manage cross functional activities with Customer Service, Pricing, Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing in line with and to ensure implementation of customer contract/business terms.
- Strong acumen for retrieving, reading, understanding and formally reviewing drawings and other technical specifications.
- Action oriented with ability to multi-task in a high-volume, time sensitive, environment
- Team building skills. Ability to positively influence others. Creative thinker.
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment
- Comfortable with using the internet and specialized MRP programs and applications
- Working knowledge of MS office applications, which include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No