Commercial Marketing Manager, Drives
Eaton Electrical is currently seeking a Commercial Marketing Manager to join our team! This position is based at our Burlington, ON facility.
Reporting to the Marketing Product Manager for Adjustable Frequency Drives, this is a Business Development Role responsible for growing all aspects of our Drive business in new and existing markets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will influence specifications and solicit RFQs with support from Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing (Satellite Plants).
- You will independently create quotations and proposals based on these RFQs and sales opportunities.
- You will identify and build business relationships with new customers and stakeholders across Canada in key strategic markets.
- You will review and add new Channel and Service Provider network as required to support all markets with support from Sales and Marketing .
- You will help manage the development, maintenance and utilization of price tools and the price authorization processes for the assigned product line.
- You will understand and utilize current and future sales and price analytics tools and processes for the assigned business, while providing ad hoc analysis when required.
- You will evaluate market trends and results and provide analysis and recommendations to management.
- You will develop, maintain and implement product training, support programs and sales tools for the selling organization and channel.
- You will drive promotional activity through marketing communications to sales and channel to meet overall objectives.
- You will work with marketing communications to review and evaluate current programs, current and future trade show events and possible advertising opportunities.
- You will provide sales and channel with sales catalogue data, sales aids and pricing tools.
- You will understand competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and work with the product line manager to develop marketing plans that will increase Eaton's market share.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
- Technical degree or college diploma from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 5 years of HVAC and or electrical sales and/or marketing experience is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is begin offer for this position. Only candidates that reside within the immediate geographic area will be considered
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), CET or C. Tech designation preferred
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited school is preferred
- Experience with Drive Specification Review and Quotations
- Strong technical product and application aptitude in AF Drives and Motor Control
- Proficiency in electronic tools (pricing, analytics, market assessments)
- Strong MS Office skills; PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- HVAC business experience is an asset
- Business acumen and strong interpersonal skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time