Supply Chain Manager
- You will manage and direct supply chain personnel in the procurement, receipt, disbursement, and inventory control of material to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels.
- You will be expected to train and educate direct reports on the use of supply chain management techniques, various business systems, varieties of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customer requirements.
- You will manage current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
- You will implement methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements
Manages plant purchasing activities for items procured on local basis in order to compliment centrally purchased items
- You will analyze data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution
- You will ensure correct planning parameters and transaction disciplines are utilized in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper order generation and inventory balances
- You will manage material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases
- You will ensure quality of shipping documentation to meet corporate financial and customer audit requirements
- You will devise and manage physical inventory audit methodology which meets corporate, governmental and customer specifications
- You will evaluate operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- You will coordinate with central Corporate Supply Chain Function to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
- You will support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the operation.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of related professional and supervisory/managerial experience.
- Minimum 5 years supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations,shipping/receiving.
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing techniques and practices, including procedures associated with sourcing internationally.
- Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management.
- Demonstrated procurement activity of, but not limited to, the following: Tools, Equipment, Machines, Castings, Forgings, Bearings, Complex machine parts including a variety of gears and major sub-assemblies.
- Master’s Degree in Business or Engineering.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings, which include geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time