Eaton’s Power Motion Control Division within the Hydraulics Group is seeking an Accounting Supervisor. The Accounting Supervisor will be based at our Shawnee, OK facility.
Manufacturing is at the heart of what we do, delivering thousands of various parts and motors every month and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Eaton is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to serve as a business partner to the Plant Controller and Management Team with various financial and operational goals. This role must provide timely and accurate financial information and direction to enable sound conclusions and drive management actions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will ensure SOX compliance and integrity of information in the areas of general accounting, cost accounting, inventory control, capital project tracking, fixed assets, and forecasting. Perform financial audits and process checks of key internal controls. Respond timely to internal and external audits.
- You will complete monthly balance sheet accounts reconciliation, month end journal entries and prepare weekly reporting, monthly closing and rolling forecast commentary as well as bridges to explain monthly variances to forecast.
- You will complete Purchase Price Variance and Usage Variance reports and drive improvement to bottom line as well as updating materials STD cost as they change process or source. Drive Excess and Obsolete material review and actions.
- You will assist in preparation of annual profit plan, strategic plan, capital appropriation request, planning and coordination of Physical Inventory. In addition, minimizing shrink through strong internal controls and improvement recommendations.
- You will be a key member of continuous improvement team representing finance to ensure cost out tracking, reporting accuracy and idea generation.
- You will train, develop and manage subordinates; review established goals to ensure successful completion.
- You will maintain and update documentation of systems, processes, and procedures of the finance department (Playbook).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting or finance is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- CPA/CMA/MBA or progress towards the completion of these is preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with cost accounting is a plus.
- Solid foundational knowledge of cost accounting, forecasting, reviewing, and reporting financial data.
- Experience in preparing monthly journal entries and accounts reconciliations.
- Management skills and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and all levels of organization
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and anticipate the needs of a changing landscape.
- Strong ability to manage multiple, contending priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and drive for results.
- Ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis with passion to learn and overcome obstacles.
- Advance level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective communication ability and team player mentality.
- Effectively drives and manages change, challenges the status quo and supports new and innovative ideas.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time