Senior Industrial Sales Engineer
Eaton Corporation has an immediate job opening located in Tulsa, OK for a Senior Industrial Sales Engineer.
The primary function of the Senior Industrial Sales Engineer is to sell lines power distribution and control products and services to targeted customers in targeted market areas. This position will be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales engineer for the assigned product categories while under little supervision. It will be an expectation to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace. This position will need to coordinate sales for the assigned customer and distributor base. It has the responsibility to manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers.
1) accurate and timely planning and specification interpretation, quotation, and technical support
2) communication with customers, warehouse, and plants to facilitate problem resolution
3) collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits
4) review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications
5) provide facility timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution
6) awareness of and responsiveness to market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to product divisions
7) plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals
8) prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electrical industry
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge of key customers within sales territories
- Time management, presentation, and planning skills
- Commands knowledge of Eaton Electrical product and service capabilities and can assemble standard offerings to meet customer needs with occasional internal oversight
- Possesses an understanding of the sales process using sales techniques as evidenced by good customer relationships
- Skilled in Bidmanager and Vista
- Demonstrated and understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer a
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time