Lead Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group is seeking a Lead Financial Analyst. The Lead Financial Analyst will be based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
position will partner with the Director of Finance to manage all Americas
Hydraulic Operations from a finance functional perspective. The Lead Financial Analyst works
collaboratively with business resources across the Operations, supporting
monthly reporting, review, and forecasting cycles, as well as general
accounting requirements. This role
provides an excellent learning opportunity with a broad geographic and business
scope and visibility to management. The Lead Financial Analyst supports the
business in conclusion-making processes, by providing forward-looking reviews
and insight to the senior management team, and ensuring alignment of planned
actions and targets in the financial forecast.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will drive efficiencies through process improvements by business partnering with plant controllers and their finance teams and ensures alignment across the region while supporting strategic business initiatives to ensure change implementation is executed in accordance with Eaton financial policies, US GAAP, and local statutory requirements.
- You will provide ownership of critical elements of the closing, mid-month reporting, forecasting, and annual Profit Planning processes.
- You will review operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned goals. Document meaningful variance analysis commentary for management.
- You will serve as a business partner when reviewing specific segments of the income statement or balance sheet, identifying risks and opportunities to drive management action.
- You will manage the monthly reporting, forecasting and results of multiple plants with focus on P&L results, balance sheet variances, material prices, cost out, performance measures and action planning.
- You will manage all internal controls processes for Operations such as action closure from audits, Physical Inventory tracking, Design Self Assessments (DSAs), Balance Sheet Review (BSR), account reconciliations and system access reviews.
will be a key resource for Plant Controller and Analyst on-boarding. System and process support for activities
including closing, forecasting, profit planning, and compliance requirements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of Accounting or Finance experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Understanding of GAAP and standard cost accounting experience preferred.
- Background in industrial manufacturing industry highly preferred.
- MBA from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and thinking skills; problem-solving capability
- Strong written communication and oral communication skills required, must be able to gauge the needs of a variety of internal customers and adapt delivery style or level of detail as appropriate
- Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, determined to add value and deliver results
- Results-oriented, dependable, and personally accountable for work quality and timeliness
- Focused, excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Attentive to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Strong interpersonal skills and organization savvy required: teaming, collaborating, coaching, challenging assumptions and giving corrective feedback with tact and respect, sharing knowledge
- Ability to work individually and with a team; to communicate articulately, assuredly, and professionally across many organizational levels; and effectively build rapport with stakeholders
- Ethical; operates with high regard to integrity and trust
- Change agent; demonstrated ability to improve processes and eliminate waste; Six Sigma or Lean experience desired
- Business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Customer focus (internal and external customers)
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Systems skills/experience desired: Oracle Financials, MfgPro ERP, Longview Solutions Khalix, Cognos
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time