Senior Application Engineer
The primary function of the Senior Application Engineer is to provide applications engineering for low voltage Motor Control Centers. This includes, but is not limited to: engineering designs, providing direction to application engineers and designers, and collaborating with direct customers/field sales.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You will put emphasis on working with electrical, electro-mechanical, programmable logic controllers, and solid-state controls in motor control applications and electrical distribution systems.
• You will maintain familiarity with communications protocols, variable speed drives and solid-state starters in order to maintain design standards.
• You will manage large projects to completion within deadlines with little or no supervision.
• You will interpret customer one-line diagrams and specifications to determine order requirements and apply Eaton designs to meet customer’s expectations.
• You will perform standard engineering assignments often representing a significant portion of a larger project for Eaton. Coordinate with other Eaton product lines and business units as needed to ensure quality of products to end customer
• You will define parameters for adjustable frequency drives, solid state starters, electronic relays, and other associated control devices based on the customers applications.
• You will generate electrical schematics and mechanical layouts based on information received from Sales and Marketing.
QualificationsRegular (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or related technical concentration from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of one (1) year of engineering experience in an industrial/manufacturing/engineering environment.
• Must be proficient in a CAD design such as (solidworks, autocad or inventer).
• Authorized to work in the US without Company Sponsorship.
• Bachelors in Engineering ( Electrical or Mechanical) from an accredited institution highly desired.
• 3-5 years of industrial controls design or engineering experience.
• Previous experience and/or knowledge of electrical distribution equipment.
• Proficient in AutoCAD.
• Project management experience.
• Working knowledge of N.E.C., IEEE, UL, and various local electric codes.
• Ability to interpret both customer specifications and electrical and mechanical drawings.
• Utilization of substantial motor control product knowledge for communication with field sales, customers, engineering, and manufacturing personnel.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico