Eaton’s Power Quality Division has an opening in Raleigh, NC for a Project Manager.
This position is responsible for executing large systems projects identified as critical to the success of the Corporation. This position leads and manages a project team comprised of local resources from various functional organizations to define and meet project requirements, schedules, budgets and other deliverables.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will leverage customer service best practice and Service Pro concepts to Lead and managing project teams comprised of, but not limited to, engineering, customers, sales, supply chain, manufacturing, and test
- You will develop overall project schedule, including coordination and execution with Raleigh Plant Operations manufacturing, DS Scheduling and test departments
- You will organize, monitor and drive team activities to deliver project objectives including, but not limited to, schedule, budget, quality and performance
- You will manage project status and regularly communicating status, risks, and project financials to key stakeholders
- You will work with engineering to ensure technical documents are released per schedule
- You will ensure large system project deliverables are met and equipment is shipped on time and per customer specifications
- You will collaborate with sales, manufacturer’s reps, customers, general contractors, etc., in an effort to meet all customer requirements and schedules
- You will work with all stakeholders to resolve any issue effecting product shipment, quality, or adherence to specification including leading project meetings as necessary to coordinate stakeholder input
- You will support customer Factory Witness Tests including: scheduling Factory Witness Test dates, ensuring test readiness, championing kick off meeting, hosting customers, managing issues / punch lists as required.
- You will coordinate shipping and transportation of equipment with logistics team
- You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement
- You will promote and champion Eaton Business System, Eaton Lean System, and Eaton Quality System for team
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in project management / Operations Management / Supply Chain (with concentration on projects)
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience with resource planning and budget management
- Experience with Microsoft Project or an equivalent project management tool
- Ability to develop financial and resource models for projects
- Ability to identify project risk, develop risk mitigation plans and then implement plans
- Must be a self-starter that can independently drive projects forward to success
- Experience working in a cross-functional team development environment
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s Degree in engineering or Business from an accredited educational institution
- Experience with Uninterruptable Power Supplies Systems and/or power electronic products
- UPS Systems or Power Systems Design experience
- Project Management Certification or training
- Six Sigma Certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time