District Operations Coordinator
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division is currently looking for a District Operations Coordinator to join our team. This position will be based out of our Mountainside, NJ service facility.
The District Operations Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling and organizing field service manpower for all customer jobs within the district. Acknowledge all purchase orders, obtain proper insurance certificates and assure that terms and conditions are presented to customer. They will also reconcile all purchase orders with the in-house negotiations to assure matching between promises and expectations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will open orders on system to gather, track and reconcile costs associated with jobs.
- You will monitor overtime of the productive workforce and reconcile the overtime with the signed time slips from the customer or from the job cost inventory system.
- You will field emergency customer calls to gather critical information and pass it on to appropriate party for action.
- You will keep sales engineers abreast of potential problems and opportunities with the customer, unless other terms have been negotiated.
- You will successfully interact with internal Eaton manufacturing plant personnel, legal, contracts, sales and suppliers to schedule and obtain necessary resources and information.
- You will successfully interact with internal Eaton manufacturing plant personnel and suppliers to schedule and obtain necessary resources.
- You will understand profit and loss statements including margins, costing, sales, materials, labor, inventory, absorption.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent in military training.
- Must be able to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the work location listed. No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, management, finance or accounting from an accredited institution.
- Three years of experience with cost accounting and general business experience/background.
- Previous experience working with power distribution, control products, as well as field service practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs.
- Proficient in Oracle, Vista, and Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel).
- Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs.
- Must be able to influence upwards and across teams/functions.
- Knowledgeable in order entry and time entry software systems.
- Must leverage resources and relationships within the division, other Eaton Electrical business units, and customers in order to achieve success.
- Ability to develop and execute tactical and strategic plans to support the DOC’s goals.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No