Electrical Test Technician - 2nd Shift
- You will test equipment using up to 33,000 volts.
- You will ensure equipment meets customer specifications as well as safety and quality requirements.
- Analyze data to determine compliance with test standards and record data and write reports; process paperwork timely, accurately, and with accountability.
- You will follow procedures with accuracy, efficiently and with strict attention to details.
- You will troubleshoot various problems that could occur during course of test; requires Tester to think critically to solve complex problems.
- You will may require Tester to develop test setups, plans, procedures and standards when current procedures are inadequate.
- You will help in the design and maintenance of test equipment
- You will recognize and report quality issues through the correct channels as they arise.
- You will be required to use multimeters, voltmeters, hipot test equipment, digital oscilloscope, PC based monitoring, stand-alone RTD temperature monitoring system, and Variac’s.
- You will have to become proficient in programming controllers, printed circuit boards, and software applications including but not limited to NCDrive, SDFlash, CPLD and DSP, and Turck.
- You will component testing including but not limited to partial discharge testing of power electronic devices, firmware flashing, and application loading of printed circuit boards and controllers.
- You will be constantly evolve in product and process knowledge; may require additional classroom work or assigned reading.
- You will build positive relationships that support job objectives and a team environment.
- You will develop rapport and establish relationships with customers, engineers, and manufacturing team.
- You will interface heavily with customers as well as contractors on witness testing.
- You will work closely with engineering on new product development testing.
- You will help0 develop standards for testing on newly developed products.
- You will be responsible for assisting with product qualifying testing for 3rd party standards committees.
- You will continuously improve work environment processes; Kaizens, Lean, etc.
- You will troubleshoot and repair warranty and non-warranty customer returned material
- Associates Degree from an accredited institution in Electrical/Electronic or Engineering OR 2 years of Electrical Testing experience
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Associate’s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or equivalent military experience
- Previous work experience troubleshooting electrical and/or mechanical problems
- Must be willing to relocate to Arden, NC if not local
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only