- Work with the sales team , end users and consultants to understand the customer’s needs.
- Develop solutions aligning Eaton’s product set with customer’s requirement.
- Build online tools to help with quotations.
- Support the Power Quality sales team in maintaining and developing new Business.
- Build relationships with consultants , key customers and the sales team. Use initiative and possess a positive attitude towards teamwork is critical.
- Prepare written proposals for submission to the customer. An eye for detail and accuracy with numbers are also primary.
- Create mechanical and electrical drawings to support project submission.
- Deliver product training to external and internal stakeholders.
- Provide input for new product development and champion innovation initiatives.
- Computer Literacy is essential, particularly with M/S Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience developing quotation tools and programs.
- Technical experience with knowledge of critical power products and systems.
- Understanding of the Sales and Estimating processes.
- Experience in the electrical industry dealing with a combination of UPS / battery systems , low / medium voltage electrical and mechanical engineering (5 or more years’ experience preferred however will consider exceptional new talent with less).
- An Electrical trade certificate or an Electrical tertiary qualification.
- Strong communication, (written and verbal), together with negotiation and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines, be proficient in time management and the ability to priorities work load.
- Drafting skills to create mechanical and electrical drawings to support the bid process.
- A good working knowledge of Australian electrical standards and industry practices.
- Commercial savvy to select which Eaton products to offer customers.
- Working knowledge with Eaton's target customer base and segments.
- Good presentation skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: ANZD AustraliaNew Zealand Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time