Software Product Manager
Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Software Product Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
In this role, the primary responsibilities are to develop software solution roadmaps, develop compelling value propositions for release/feature introductions, lead product and application training & education activities as well as other programs to grow software development activities and revenues over time. Software comprises mix of cloud-resident solutions, locally installed software packages and mobile apps.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will participate in the development and implementation of strategic plan and profit plan for Software, Communications, Device Analytics, Edge Computing & Apps.
- You will develop software related user specifications, epic, customer use cases and roadmaps. Working and communicating with internationally-based coworkers in development to bring new software solutions to launch and to market.
- You will develop and strengthen core software skills and development practices within the business through the use of policy setting and influence. Cross-functional leader for Scrum Masters (CSMs), Product Owners (CSPOs).
- You will identify and develop strategic partner/customer relationships required for software subsystems to develop tools to integrate our products into larger systems.
- You will lead thought leadership processes in areas of software development, mobile application capabilities, cloud technologies.
- You will establish and maintain effective communication with customers and sales personnel, securing business consistent with product line initiatives.
- You will evolve Product Management practices & considerations related to the Product, Placement, Promotion & Pricing of all Meter, Relay & IoT software.
- You will have responsibility for product literature and communications content that includes features, benefits, competitive and performance data. This includes printed and electronic formats. Monitor these areas as part of product life cycle management.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in product management with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in pure Software product management and marketing roles
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- CompSci or SW Engineering degree preferred
- MBA is a plus
- Certified Scrum Product Owner certification is a strong plus
- Practical experience and understanding of the industrial software markets
- Strong understanding of customer value creation and software pricing models
- Strategic planning ability- JIRA sprint planning, JIRA Portfolio planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation aptitude and public speaking experience
- Ability to work effectively and communicate clearly in team environment and independently
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and an innovative mind set
- Strategic planning ability and strong organizational skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time