Utility Executive Sales Engineer
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, located in Moon Township, PAhas an immediate opening for a Utility Executive Sales Engineer.
The Senior Sales Engineer has responsibility to achieve an assigned sales quota consistent with expectations of a seasoned professional sales engineer. This position has the primary responsibility to manage and coordinate the sales effort within the customer/distributor base assigned.
The Senior sales Enginner will be responsible for growing the Utility T&D and well as Generation market, including Independent Power Producers.
- All Utility Public Power customers (COOPS and MUNIs) in PA and WV.
- Investor own Utilities (Duquesne Light and AEP) in PA, VA and WV
- Utility OEM (Mitsubishi Electric) located in Pittsburgh
- All generating plants including NRG, AEP, FE and IPPs in PA, and WV.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
- You will sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in a targeted Market Area
- You will optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin though extensive knowledge of the Market area
- You will drive increase in sales in the marketplace
- You will manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers
- You will develop a proven record of achieving assigned sales quota
- You will develop and implement sales plans and be aware of and responsive to market conditions and competitive activities
- You will communicate such information to product divisions
- You will maintain a cooperative and credible working relationship with other company employees to assure customer satisfaction
- You will manage expense allowances and submit expense reports in a timely manner
- You will prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines, and use sound business judgment to enhance margins
- You will support total quality efforts by providing timely and accurate information for order entry, elevating quality issues to attention of management
- You will ensure that accurate information flows to and from customers
- You will implement new product programs as needed
- You will collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits
- You will provide necessary reports requested by management in a timely manner.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Strong work ethic, great interpersonal skills, competitiveness, and willingness to learn, as well as be adept at building relationships
- Knowledge of Power Distribution and control products, market knowledge, established customer relationships within the market area
- Good time management, presentation/training skills, planning skills, value added selling, teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years of electrical industry sales, marketing, and/or engineering experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Pittsburgh, PA or State College, PA to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 10 + years of electrical industry sales experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time