Embedded Software Test Engineer
- You will participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- You will design and implement robust, scalable, high quality test automation suites to improve quality and productivity of functional, regression, and system tests.
- You will execute black, gray, and white box test cases against individual system components and platform APIs.
- You will be able to develop, execute, and maintain extensible automated tests using Lua or Python; Java, C#, and C++ may be required in other parts of testing.
- You will define strategies for load and performance testing.
- You will identify opportunities for process, tools, and test methodology improvements, and drive those from concept to implementation.
- You will debug problems using coding and other techniques.
- You will communicate technical concepts and information to internal staff/peers and stakeholders; strong verbal and written documentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- You will validate official customer product releases as needed to support the target release schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Software development & Test or Test tool development
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in testing end-user protocols (such as Modbus/TCP, SNMP, BACnet/IP, WebSocket, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of development experience in Lua, Python, or other scripting languages and working skillset in other common languages such as Java, C#, etc.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution
- Basic knowledge of electrical power systems, parameters and terminology.
- Experience writing integration tests for Continuous Integration and Deployment frameworks.
- Experience developing or enhancing complex/large scale test frameworks and libraries.
- Experience developing tools for evaluation of cybersecurity features
- Experience with JUnit, Pytest, TestNG, MSTest or similar build and unit testing frameworks.
- Experience developing software testing harness/tools for Linux environments and Windows applications
- Thorough understanding of automation frameworks and worked to define and implement automation framework for 2+ projects.
- Proficient in Data Driven testing approaches.
- Knowledge of Computer Science Data Structures and basic Algorithms
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development lifecycle.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time