Senior Manager – Strategic Projects & Planning
This leadership position has the overall responsibility to lead & provide support to the local business teams that will include planning, development and strategic JV analysis. This role will develop forward-looking insights to drive management decision, actions and improve operational and financial results. This role provides proactive leadership around issues and opportunities. The individual will support the deployment of progressive strategies which result in a sustainable competitive advantage and strong financial return on investment. The position also ensures that assets assigned by the corporation are adequately protected and provide operations management with financial guidance necessary to produce the expected return on those assets. This role will also support Marketing activities: support market penetration strategy, Customer market and competition study, study country macroeconomics and make recommendations to MD, Lead/Support manufacturing footprint strategy discussions.
- Develops, maintains, and distributes corporate planning reports as per requirement of the regional President.
- Monitors and reports key findings to senior leadership.
- Leads planning & development activities including interaction with third parties, creating complete business cases including strategic rationale, valuations, and financial analysis to support acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures, and vetting potential opportunities.
- Understands and has experience with acquisition processes with large cap industrials.
- Supports corporate development and corporate marketing teams in India.
- Builds business and industry analysis to support our corporate growth initiatives. This would include industry and business analysis, strategic assessment, and financial analysis to support findings.
- Supports the regional President with JV analysis on our financial due diligence efforts, analyzes historical and projected financial statements of JV targets in order to identify proforma income statement and balance sheet adjustments for use in valuation of a business enterprise, understands and analyzes those accounting related issues impacting value that are specific to international transactions, including foreign exchange and foreign-GAAP accounting principles
- Provides technical accounting guidance to the regional president, senior management, and the operations Identifies, quantifies, and communicates one-time and non-operating cash flows impacting acquisition value Operates within the approved budget level
- Support the annual financial planning processes - Develop and coordinate plant profit plans, strategic plans, monthly forecasts, goals & objectives, reports and analysis for management
- Advice and counsel regional president on financial implications of operating strategies
- Manage, analyze, evaluate and interpret plant financial forecasts and operating results
- Compliance with corporate policy, including SOX
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP, statutory and fiscal requirements, as required
- Support the development of government rates and ensure compliance with specific government regulators
- Lead ad hoc projects as required including business development initiatives such as new business opportunities (and possibly financial review of development contracts and appropriate revenue recognition and project accounting (as applicable
BS degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA/CMA/MBA preferred or equivalent local professional qualifications like ACA/AICWA/MBA
Minimum of 15 + years professional experience (post qualification)
Experience in a manufacturing environment is a must (experience of having worked in business operations in a lead role)
Sound working knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory requirements
Knowledge & understanding of Corporate, region/division and plant reporting policies
Technical capability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational data/reports
Superior analytical and thinking skills; Intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
For applicable locations – Understanding of global business issues, including foreign currency impacts, effective hedging protocols and local customs and duty requirements
Knowledge of Oracle ERP & Financials
Financial modeling skills will be essential
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Development Planning
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time