- You will manage and maintain facilitates process and provides technical and administrative leadership to ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety regulations and MESH requirements.
- You will choose fiscally and socially responsible methods and processes of managing natural resources and waste.
- You will continuously identify, assess, and reduces/eliminate Environmental Health and Safety risks.
- You will establishes and maintain relationships with governmental authorities on matters of mutual concern including voluntary certification, maintenance of environmental permits, submission of required reports, and maintenance of data.
- You will direct and/or support development and deployment of Environmental Health and Safety management systems while providing timely Environmental Health and Safety training of employees and maintain safety training documentation.
- You will comply with Eaton’s ethics policy and keeps management informed of issues associated with regulatory compliance.
- You will investigates incidents (including near misses, releases, and losses) and accidents to determine root causes and prepares/directs corrective action plans.
- You will initiate opportunities to improve environmental conditions in the community as well as foster employee wellness and off-the-job safety.
- You will support and/or participate on Continuous Improvement Activities such as: Kaizen, Ideas Programs, cost out and/or demonstrate improvements in goals year over year in our processes or practices aligned to achieve or business goals and/objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of Environmental, Health, or Safety
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent.
- Environmental Health and Safety certification preferred such as CSP, CIH, CHMM
- Management of Air permits
- 5 years of EHS experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time