Field Service Electronics Engineer
Eaton’s Power Quality division is currently seeking a Field Service Electronics Engineer to join our team. This position will be located remotely and will work out of a home office within the immediate geographic area of Kennewick, WA.
At Eaton, our engineers and technologists deliver solutions to some of our customers’ most challenging energy management requirements. We are looking for people who bring the passion for science, engineering, and technology; and can drive innovation and engineering excellence. Let’s talk about your future with Eaton!
Eaton Corporation’s Power Quality Division designs Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, and electronic based products to ensure reliability in the most demanding applications. UPS systems condition power to protect against power quality hazards, as well as provide continuous backup power during outages. Like an automobile, UPS systems require preventative maintenance to ensure optimal performance.
Our Field Service Electronics Engineers are highly prepared through coaching, mentoring and formal factory training to provide professional start-up, maintenance and repair services for our UPS / Battery systems. Eaton provides in-house training to ensure our field technicians are experts on our products, from ones manufactured 15 years ago to those built today. Eaton is committed to flawless service execution and surveys our customers for satisfaction to deliver continuous improvement of its product.
This Field Service Electronics Engineer will be responsible for servicing electrical (high voltage environment) UPS systems, batteries, and electronic based products at customer sites. In this role, you will perform on-site emergency and preventative maintenance and repairs, as well as installation of company product in a 24/7 on-call environment with regional responsibility. Products to include uninterruptible power supplies and batteries. Additionally, you will provide technical support to customers and serves as contact on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
Field Service Electronics Engineers have excellent opportunities for advancement through a defined technical career path. We offer a competitive salary package based on skills and experience; comprehensive fringe benefits program including 401k, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, overtime, and vacation; as well as providing tools to perform responsibilities of the role including a company vehicle, laptop, and phone.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will analyze test data and recognize deviation from acceptable values
- You will manage company assets, control personal inventory, and upload all field activity reports
- You will complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner
- You will take ownership of an assigned task and see it through to a successful completion
- You will be responsible for achieving annual goals set forth by Management (utilizations, work completions, etc.)
- You will provide ongoing customer interaction and meets customer service requirements
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of power systems, battery technologies, or electronic experience.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited Institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate Kennewick, WA geographic area will be considered
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience reading schematic drawings, electrical drawings and knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques
- Prior experience working with single phase and three-phase circuit theory; analog and digital electronic circuit theory; and microprocessor controls and programming
Position Success Criteria:
- Valid and unrestricted State Driver's license
- Must have ability and willingness undergo and pass customer entrance requirements, which may include, but is not limited to, periodic background checks and drug screenings.
- Incumbent may be required to perform the following tasks, but not limited to, frequent, occasional, or seldom: repetitive lifting/carrying; pushing/pulling; standing; climbing; squatting; bending; kneeling; or driving extended distances.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Frequent travel to customer sites is required, with up to 75% of drive-time expected.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time