Gear Forge Press Operator - 3rd Shift
Eaton’s, Vehicle Division, has an opening for a Full-Time Gear Forge Press Operator to join our team. This position is based at our Kearney, NE facility and is on 2nd shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will operate a Gear press and perform minor maintenance on equipment
- You will communicate with audit/quality control personnel to identify issues or concerns and maintain 5S
- You will performs set-up on presses for different gear parts including adjusting machinery, changing punches and dies as required, and ensuring parts remain within tolerance during production runs.
- You will use gauges to check Gears per engineering specifications
- You will troubleshoot machine malfunctions
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Relocation not included - must live within 50 miles to be considered.
- One year of industrial experience
- Ability to understand Statistical Process Control
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to operate a Fork truck
- Ability to setup machinery
- Ability to read process sheets
- Ability to inspect visually cold and hot parts
- Ability to enter data into computer
- Position may require daily overtime, 7 days a week and working holidays
- Physical requirements include constantly being on your feet, using a set of tongs to grab hot valves and perform quality checks. The employee would be working in extreme heat in the summer. When operating an automated press the employee will be on their feet for their shift.
- Some walking required when completing change overs or tooling changes.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing, pulling when changing tooling. In addition to the plant wide PPE the operator is required to wear green tinted glasses, shop coat and gloves.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No