Lead Product Applications Engineer
- You will Interpret purchaser switchgear specifications while assessing their application to provide job quotations.
- You will translate incoming order information into drawings and bills-of-material understandable by manufacturing and purchasing
- You will consult with customers, as well as plant and field sales personnel in interpreting and defining equipment applications; also consult with engineering technicians, manufacturing and purchasing, when required, in interpreting information for the accurate production of equipment in accordance with the purchaser's requirements.
- You will be able to develop product configurations that may require the implementation of unique solutions.
- You will analyze field problems that may require research into product and application history.
- You will provide guidance to manufacturing during switchgear production and assist shop employees and testers on technical issues.
- You will review and maintain drawings and related information; communicate with other Eaton Electrical plants as well as outside suppliers to develop new features and design opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ of engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience designing and applying distribution and control equipment
- Understanding of protective relay applications, PLC controls and NEC Code requirements
- 5 years engineering and application experience including extensive customer interface
- Knowledge of Eaton applications (Bidman and VISTA)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only