Supply Chain Assistant
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Assistant to join our team. This position is based at our Wilsonville, OR location.
Performs administrative functions related to ordering and expediting the material required to meet the production schedule and to manage the inventory to meet the plant’s financial and safety objectives.
· Responsible for all material orders for assigned product lines, including managing both internal and external vendors
· Drive fast-response to last minute material needs and follow-up to determine root cause and corrective action to sustain improvements
· Examine open purchase orders daily and proactively resolves all issues related to ensure timely receipt of the materials required to meet the production schedule
· Support Power Center’s metrics for Engineering order lead time
· Responsible for coordination of payables for assigned lines (Markview/P-Card processing)
· Manage returns and warranty issues from internal and external suppliers, for example processing of non-conformances (DMR)
· Responsible for initiating and driving DMR (discrepant material report) process so our vendors get feedback on issues and drive to root cause
· Request and distribute daily Vista and Mentor reports to appropriate personnel
· Responsible for daily inventory efforts, including adjustments, stock checks, Kanban changes and performing Kanban charge-outs for internal/external vendors (scan/verify quantity)
· Responsible for providing daily up-to-date material status on orders to Production staff & Management
· Responsible for leading inventory efforts (with support from Power Center management) for the location. This includes facilitating meetings, distribution of inventory materials, ensuring compliance with inventory procedures, etc. to meet Days on Hand (DOH) objectives.
· Responsible for cost-out initiatives, including premium freight reduction & inventory optimization
· Process return or scrapping of non-conforming material
· Return excess material in a timely manner
· Maintain good working relationships with Customers, Distributors, Sales, Supply Chain and internal plant personnel in support of quality customer service efforts
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Complete safety goals in order to make our site a safer place to work
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in either a customer service, administrative role, or production role required
- Background in Material Handling
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- Associates degree
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (sales, inventory, production)
- Knowledge of Kanban, AS400 or related order-management system
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and typing ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only