Eaton’s Power Distribution Control Assembly Division is seeking a Production Manager. The Operations Manager will be located out of the Fayetteville, NC facility.
This position is responsible for overall leadership and management of PDCA fabrication & assemblies manufacturing, as well as operational excellence, at the Fayetteville facility. Overall responsibility for leading plant teams in achieving production schedule, product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. Leverages resources and motivates team to create a high performance culture.
- Manage, direct, plan and coordinate (through Manufacturing Managers and Production Supervisors) the manufacturing activities of both feeder and assembly sections in order to meet plant objectives, annual Profit Plan and monthly forecast.
- Determine effect of production load changes on plant operations. Take action(s) to adjust capacities (labor and/or equipment) to meet new production requirements.
- Review plant-operating practices insuring that both production and quality standards are maintained/enhanced.
- Assure appropriate working climate by maintaining proper discipline, morale and employee relations.
- Advise, guide, and counsel employees in relation to company benefits, plant policy and regulations, employee programs, wage administration and plant objectives.
- Through regular contact with Plant Manager and his staff, participate in planning and/or decision making in matters concerning financial and operational problems, inventory control, plant policy, facility/maintenance issues and staffing.
- Recommend budgets and control expenditures.
- Support a Zero Incident Safety culture within the plant and champion assigned EHS categories.
- Manage, direct, plan and coordinate on-site outsourced services to ensure that they are meeting the operational objectives.
- Drives core Operational Excellence processes across the Operation: Eaton Business System, Lean, Six Sigma, and Manufacturing Strategy. Teams with Operations Leadership on organizational design and development to ensure appropriate results.
- As a member of the leadership team provide all employee presentations, drive engagement and support Eaton values and philosophy.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 1 year of management experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing management role
- Experience in an engineered to order environment
- Experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or Business Administration
- Experience in electrical assembly manufacturing
- Working knowledge of manufacturing procedures/practices including Industrial Engineering principles, production planning and Lean/Six Sigma
- Experience in ISO certified manufacturing assembly environment
- Proficient in driving Quality Control and Inventory Control
- Experience with budgeting, capital equipment analysis, cost accounting, and project cost analysis
- Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customers
- Proven Leadership skills – capable of leading change initiatives and drive a high performance culture
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time