Product Engineering Manager
- You will drive predictive performance on product development activities utilizing EBS tools and processes;
- You will lead execution of robust Next-Generation PROLaunch design processes and continuous improvement/design efficiency initiatives (i.e. DFSS) across the Plant Engineering, Sustaining, and Advanced Technology functions;
- You will lead the allocation of engineering resources across site team
- You will provide Support the development and execution of strategic planning initiatives and technology roadmaps
- You will drive utilization of engineering resources at the EIEC in Pune, India;
- You will develop close professional relationships with Plant customers for developing new product requirements, major modifications of existing products, prototype qualification test requirements, and resolve product performance deficiencies;
- You will maintain close liaison with Plant operations to ensure high-quality product integrity and year-over-year manufacturing cost reductions;
- You will support profit planning efforts for the Plant and manage activity center budgets as needed throughout the follow-on period of performance and deliver profit plan forecast and other financial expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years of engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership capacity
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Jackson, MI facility will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Aerospace discipline from an accredited institution
- Advanced degree/MSc preferred
- Experience in a manager of people role
- Experience in Aerospace industry
- Product development engineering experience from concept to commercialization
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time