Deputy Manager Customer Quality
This position is responsible for –
- Handling customer quality issues and managing customer complaints and material returns for plant manufactured as well as RTS products.
- Managing customer quality expectations by proactively establishing, managing and improving deployment of quality standards, metrology and quality tools within the plant to ensure consistent product quality
- Will be the key point of contact for customer handling related to Quality issues. Will be responsible for understanding the problem statement clearly and then channeling the complaints to the right individuals/teams for resolution.
Responsible for discussing containment, corrective and preventive actions with the internal and external customer. Interact with Eaton source plants to resolve customer complaints related with imported products. Manage key customer scorecard.
Responsible for utilizing systematic processes like 8D/A3 and guide teams in utilizing effectively
The individual will work as part of problem solving teams as a voice of the customer and will participate in the problem solving to minimize recurrence.
Will lead/participate in the QOS process to systematically reduce customer complaints and increase customer satisfaction. Will play a leadership role in customer complaint related metrics.
The individual will maintain close ties with regional managers to understand issues at the customer and act proactively to gain customer confidence.
Work closely with the manufacturing team to ensure that the systems are well deployed and yielding necessary results
Responsible for reducing Warranty costs
Leading all customer audits and ensuring closure of all action items in time.
Quality function deployment in New projects.
- Strong background in structured problem solving, PFMEA’s, APQP, Control Plan, PPAP, MSA, Gage R&R, Process Capability.
- Team player. Ability to get things done through teams effectively. Ability to forge strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Supplier / Customer interaction in a highly demanding environment.
- Eaton leadership competencies.
- Knowledge of hydraulics
- Diploma / Degree Mechanical Engg. With >14 years of experience in Quality function.
- Six sigma greenbelt + Knowledge about 8D Process or similar problem solving techniques
- Thorough understanding of Drawings, measurement techniques.
- Experience of handling quality equipment like CMM, Perthometer, Form Tester and gauge designing
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time