Lead Analyst - International Accounting
Eaton’s Corporate International Accounting Team is seeking a Lead Analyst. The Lead Analyst will be based at our Beachwood, OH Headquarters.
Reporting to the manager of international accounting, this position will provide monthly analysis
and accounting related to international entities and foreign exchange results as part of the closing and reporting process. This position will work with global controllers to understand and ensure accuracy of foreign exchange results as well as provide accounting support to international Eaton locations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will examine foreign exchange for Eaton's global organization to be used monthly by senior management. You will work with international controllers and treasury on foreign exchange issues and solutions to provide understanding of underlying factors and reported results
- You will participate as part of the international accounting team to understand strategies of various Corporate departments and prepare accounting guidance and documentation regarding plans to ensure proper US GAAP accounting
- You will serve as a controller for various corporate ledgers by preparing monthly journal entries, reviewing monthly account balances, performing quarterly account reconciliations, and preparing quarterly letters of representation
- You will be responsible for accounting and reporting for less than fully owned entities (non-controlling interests and joint ventures), including forecasting activities and preparing quarterly letters of representation
- You will accumulate and publish official month end exchange rates to be used worldwide by Eaton controllers and financial systems (Oracle, SAP, HFM, etc)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience using any of the following: Oracle, SAP, HFM, Encore
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, including foreign exchange and translation accounting
- Master’s degree in accounting/CPA
- Advanced Excel skills
- Global Multinational Organization experience
- Ability to complete and follow up on multiple critical projects simultaneously and provide accurate results in a timely manner
- Strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to improve processes
- Ability to implement new accounting policies or systems
- Strong attention to detail
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No