Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Warranty/Quality Tech. to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
The Warranty/Quality position will lead the investigation and response to customer issues (Warranty) and be responsible for providing quality support to the operation through production inspection, root cause determination and corrective action, support of strategic quality objectives and support of the overall production process. Provide quality support to manufacturing operations in the areas of process control, problem solving, and training.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and lead action plans aimed to prevent and resolve customer and quality issues.
- You will take actions related to Warranty Failures related with the manufacturing process.
- You will assist in the preparation, implementation, and maintenance of the Eaton Quality Management System (EQMS)
- You will develop and implement strategic projects to continually improve the overall Quality of products, shipments, information, and services
- You will interface with customers, suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders in both the plant, supplier and customer locations to enhance their perception and understanding of the plant Quality Systems
- You will assist in ensuring ISO 9001-2015 standards are maintained and site certifications are successfully attained each year.
- You will have responsibility for maintaining and delivering monthly communications to the site on warranty issues and associated costs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associates degree required
- Minimum two (2) years of quality assurance, product knowledge and/or supplier interface
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Must reside within 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit provided
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Engineering related field
- Equipment Life Extension & Modernization product knowledge
- Strong understanding of Vista, Mapics and AS/400 functions
- Five (5) years as quality assurance analyst with Eaton’s EQS knowledge
- Proficient in the CQM and DMR process
- WISPER subject matter expert
- Two (2) years experience leading ISO certification activities
- Internal ISO auditor experience
- One year experience knowledge of Quality Management Systems, including ISO
- Experience working directly with customers.
- Formal training in problem solving.
- Strong analytical skills with working knowledge of MS Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills with heavy emphasis on good communication skills (Oral and written)
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong sense of urgency
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Must be very data oriented with strong attention to detail
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time