Lead Digital Controls Engineer
Eaton’s Critical Power Solutions division is currently seeking a Lead Digital Controls Engineer to join our team. This position will be based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
This Lead Digital Controls Engineer will be responsible for developing innovative solutions for our three phase uninterruptible power systems (UPS) products. In this role, you will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and testing real-time DSP algorithms for advanced power conversion applications in the power quality industry.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop algorithms and mathematical models for advanced DSP controls of electronic power conversion products.
- You will develop simulations using MATLAB simulation environment.
- You will lead small engineering teams (1-3 people) in the development, test and release of embedded software for power quality product lines.
- You will participate as team member in new product development projects (uninterruptible power systems and other power quality products) while meeting schedule, cost and product performance goals. Interfaces closely with cross-functional team members.
- You will review product development requirement specifications including product management and customer requirements.
- You will analyzes, designs and assist in testing control system software used in uninterruptible power systems and other power quality products
- You will apply engineering practices and decision making for advanced technical problem solving.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution with minimum 5 years of industry work experience in real-time digital controls and algorithms for power electronics or industrial products OR Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution with minimum 3 years of industry work experience in real-time digital controls and algorithms for power electronics or industrial products OR PhD degree in Engineering from an accredited institution with minimum 1 years of industry work experience in real-time digital controls and algorithms for power electronics or industrial products
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
- Experience in new product development
- Previous coursework in control theory and power electronics
- Design experience with UPS and/or power electronic products
- Experience in C/C++ coding
- Extensive knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink tools including Control Toolbox, StateFlow, Optimization Verification & Filter Designs
- Strong academic understanding of analog & digital control theory along with digital filter designs
- Experience in design of closed loop control systems
- Knowledge of three phase electrical power systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time