Eaton Early Talent Program: Design – Direct Hire
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
- Each participant’s development experience is customized to help reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of roles throughout the program. The majority of participants will work in multiple locations and businesses.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring choices based on each candidate’s unique skill set, interpersonal abilities, and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior management is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Currently possess or will have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in engineering with a major in mechanical, electrical, mechatronics, aerospace, or engineering technology from an accredited institution, with a graduation date no later than August 2019
Minimum of one internship or co-op experience completed at the time of this application
Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please do not round)
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
Mechanical or Electrical Engineering undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
2 or more prior internships or co-op experiences in a design capacity
- Demonstrated ability to lead others within campus and/or community
Ability to speak (or willingness to learn) a second language
Strong diagnostic, writing, and presentation skills
Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the employee; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including to the worksite) will be reimbursed.
This role may include travel (up to 10%) within a local region as delegated by the manager.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time