Manager, Technical Communications and Roadranger Academy
Eaton's Vehicle Group Commercial Vehicle Sales division has an immediate opening for a Technical Communications and Roadranger Academy Manager to be based in Galesburg, MI.
The Technical Communications and Roadranger Academy Manager will lead the strategy for Roadranger Academy product training in North America to support both OEM and Fleet customers. This position leads and manages both the Technical Communications Coordinator(s) for service content development and the (regional) product trainers in the field. The role is responsible for developing and maintaining service content for Eaton Commercial Vehicle and Eaton Cummins Automated Technologies products as well as Roadranger Academy’s online learning management system (LMS). The incumbent manages production resources to develop and maintain necessary materials such as Driver Instructions, Service Manuals, Installation Guides, Troubleshooting Guides, Field Service Update Documents (FSUDS), Service Bulletins, Warranty Documents, training content for computer based training (CBT) and instructor led training (ILT), and other technical support content—meeting product launch deadlines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will oversee the development and revision of service literature according to corporate brand standards and maintain consistency across all product lines.
- You will manage relationships with internal and external customers to provide timely release of materials
- You will manage service content and product information in Product Information (ServiceRanger) and online using Oracle WCM and Adobe Experience Manager
- You will continuously develop and improve department processes and training product portfolio through voice of customer and analysis of industry demands
- You will collaborate with SMEs, partners, and trainers to effectively produce service and training support for products
- You will maintain direct personal relationships with Eaton’s customer support organization as well as OEM, Fleet, and industry organizations to facilitate open communication of product issues and resolution.
- You will obtain required training including professional and technical topics in support of development plans defined during performance review process
- You will manage online learning management system to maintain training records and training ILT schedule courses.
- You will effectively coordinate, coach, and develop teams to accomplish all of the above functions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in technical communication, graphic design, or writing
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
- Masters Degree preferred
- Previous manager of people experience
- Experience with content localization and translation management
- Experience with HTML and XML (DITA a plus)
- Proficiency in desktop publishing (Adobe FrameMaker [structured], Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Technical knowledge of enterprise content management systems (e.g. Oracle WCM, Adobe Experience Manager)
- Photography, video, and e-learning experience
- e-learning (CBT) development experience
- Project management skills
- High level of project management skills to enable the effective handling of multiple projects simultaneously
- Negotiation skills to reach win/win
- Ability to balance quality, tune and resources to develop consistent content across different organizations, divisional, and individual goals
- Ability to prioritize multiple customer requests, manage both short- and long-term projects, and work with limited resources
- Microsoft Office (Word [advanced skills], PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time