Demand Manager, EMEA
- Drive the monthly consensus demand planning process, including reporting aggregate plans to senior management on forecasts, assumptions, risks and opportunities.
- Lead the coordination of market intelligence, customer forecasts and demand inputs from Customer Service, Sales & Marketing, New Product and Program management teams.
- Document and challenge forecast assumptions based on the analysis of market data, industry dynamics, statistics, business trends, and demand patterns.
- Provides leadership, drives organizational capability and sets objectives for the business unit, leading to continuous improvement of the forecast process and the adoption of best practices.
- Monitor changes in the key business drivers, perform analysis, and possess the ability to shape the analytical findings into a meaningful business story to drive decision making.
- Develop accountability for demand management through performance measures and provide feedback to the participants in the process.
- Participate in detailed supply analysis and review meetings; work with business to collect key planning issues, clarify business implications, outline countermeasures, plan and monitor progress
- Owns SIOP KPI’s and drives accountability through cross-functional teams to drive maturity
- Owns and Drives Demand Transparency deployment across BU
- Key contributor to the monthly SIOP, annual profit planning and 5-year strategic planning cycles. Drives building a consensus forecast during current year and a rolling 24-months
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in demand planning, SIOP, or Integrated Business Planning
- Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting, and forecasting methods with an understanding of financial and operational impacts
- Demonstrated success in team development and driving results through others
- Ability to lead deployment projects for EDI/ EMT
- Strong analytical, financial, and strategic thinking skills
- Proactive, self-directed and action-oriented with strong decision making skills
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent prioritization skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Must be able to interact with all levels of management
- Understanding of best practices in demand analysis, production, and inventory planning
- Experience with Forecast Pro, Demantra, or other statistical software packages
- ERP/MRP functionality expertise
- Ability to lead team towards metrics based objectives
- APICS/CPIM or S&OP Certification a plus
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time