1. State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
The individual in the role will be part of GFSS Pune team responsible for ensuring financial accounting activities at the location are performed end to end from GFSS (Pune) for customers in North America / EMEA Regions. This role is instrumental in supporting the Plant Controller by ensuring that End to End activities are performed accurately & efficiently. The role requires the individual to monitor and analyze accounting data and ensure compliance to the Eaton Financial Policies, legal requirements, GAAP and agreed SLAs with the customers. This individual is responsible to create and implement procedures to improve the internal control environment and streamline efforts. This position also has important responsibility for building organizational capability within the function by developing finance talent through training, mentoring and coaching.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
1. Process Centric - Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and processes (RTR, OTC & PTP) with due focus in managing end to end accounting in the RTR function. Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close and ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information. Monitors and analyzes team’s work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
2. Control & Compliance - Identifying the risks in the process and implementing the process controls accordingly. Compliance with corporate policy, including SOX. Will be responsible for closure of all internal audit / SOX gaps identified. To ensure compliance of the entity financial practices with all respective statutory and Local GAAP/Eaton Financial Policies requirements. Responsible for conforming to corporate policies and reporting, legal requirements, Local and US GAAP
3. Collaboration - Collaborates with the other stakeholders to support overall goals and objectives. Work closely with Plant Finance/ Division Controller, Global Process Leaders on inquiries, special reporting requests and the like. Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
4. Quality culture: Drive and leverage various systems and tools to automate processes and drive process improvements. Encourage use of quality tools.
5. Process Standardization: Regular review of existing controls and Governance of the standard processes and ensuring alignment to global defined SSC processes
6. Team Management and Build organization capability - Ensuring development of functional knowledge and back up planning for the team. Successfully migrate critical tasks.
7. Continuous Improvement- Demonstrate a practical approach to continuous improvement of the processes which directly manage the delivery of our services. Improve formalized standards and procedures in using new technologies and facilitates others in learning new technologies. Proactively seeks and acts on ways to positively promote and foster initiative in own team and other departments of the organization. Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
8. Customer Engagement: This position would be responsible for building customer relationship across all customer segments. Developing initiatives, scheduling regular operational reviews in the process enhancing the quality of services to the customers. Meet and exceed customer expectations. Develop Customer facing KPIs, periodic meetings to discuss performance and monitors closely to close out open issues. To plan, schedule and manage the defined business services, delivering to agreed timescales, budget, quality criteria and agreed commitments.
9. Service Delivery: To ensure that the service delivery is being managed in accordance with the agreed processes and procedures with regard to:
• Service definition
• Service level management, including reporting
• Documentation, including maintenance of appropriate review documentation and audit trails
• Change control (with both customers and suppliers).
• To report and escalate service issues in an appropriate and timely fashion and initiate timely, corrective action where required.
4. Record any measurable statistics which your position impacts such as production expenses, maintenance expenses, sales volumes, payroll costs, capital expenditures, research budgets, cost of purchases, value of inventories controlled, employees supervised (direct and indirect).
• Adherence to Timelines as per the statutory calendar with proactive planning and execution for the ledgers
• Utilizing ERP/Oracle to utmost for reporting.
• Continuous improvements and streamlining of accounting and reporting processes with an aim to reduce time and effort.
• Analytical bend of mind
• Shift working 14.30 to 23.30 IST however needs to stretch beyond the shift and be flexible based on the requirements.
• Readiness for International travel for Training & Transitions
5. Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
• Accounting Degree (CA) or MBA-Finance with required experience
• Must have an end-to-end process knowledge for GL/FA and good understanding of OTC and PTP encompassing overall accounting as the area
• Good experience of Oracle ERP
• 7-9 years of total experience
• Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
• knowledge of direct and indirect tax preferable
• Excellent analytical, written and oral English communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively across boundaries/business lines.
• Should have an exposure to manage a team for atleast 4-5 team members
• Be a guide and coach to the team
• Excellent MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.), Excel Macro
6. Describe all other aspects of your position that you feel are important and which have not been adequately covered (i.e. unique problems encountered, special freedom to take action, critical outside contacts, exceptional working conditions etc.)
* Dealing with ambiguity with regard to changes in regulations/external requirements
* Systematic process orientation, strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Commitment to compliance
* Be a self-starter & be able to operate without close supervision
* Drive, enthusiasm, openness, honesty, diplomatic, persuasive, coach
* Influencing skills with relationship building with the customers and stakeholders
* Customer service mindset
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No