Sr. Engineer Transmission VAVE
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead and execute Value Analysis projects related to Heavy Duty, Medium Duty transmission components with end to end ownership. This includes assessing technical and commercial feasibility of engineering projects, design and development of components and validation testing of transmission components. The applicant needs to demonstrate end to end ownership and execute projects in a timely manner with quality deliverables. This calls for collaboration with global cross functional team members across various regions and cross functional team members like supply chain, project management, test lab, PPAP and manufacturing plant. The applicant should have sound analytical skills to leverage analysis first approach to reduce verification testing and have hands on knowledge on design for six sigma principles to identify and mitigate technical risks at an early stage of product development to develop robust products that meets customer requirements and specification.
Lead and implement Value Analysis related engineering projects for Eaton Transmission products right from concept to product design, product build, validation testing and its implementation for relatively low and medium complex component level projects
Generate new ideas that are technically and commercially viable for Eaton Transmission portfolio to reduce overall cost of the products and be competitive in the market
Leverage DFSS methodology to identify technical risks at an early stage of product development and develop robust product that meets customer requirements and specification
Fosters New patents/disclosures while working on New Product development, VAVE and problem solving projects.
Demonstrate and leverage knowledge on engineering fundamentals and analytical skills to leverage analysis first approach to reduce verification testing and in turn enhance realized savings of the projects
Lead and execute multiple VA PROLaunch projects in parallel with work package approvals, engineering management plan and attaining all engineering deliverables per activity matrix
Conducting technical reviews for team and provide technical mentoring to enhance first pass yield of project deliverables and in turn enhance customer satisfaction
• Minimum education for this position is a Bachelor / Masters in Mechanical Engineering, with demonstrated experience in technical engineering organization.
• 6-8 years of experience with multinational engineering organization
• Vehicle industry exposure and experience.
• Knowledge of Value Engineering principles & its deployment
• Powertrain engineering experience. Good analytical skills in mechanical disciplines. In-depth knowledge of various truck transmissions, gear & spline cutting, casting, forgings etc. Work & interact with global cross-functional and cross-cultural team. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate to internal/external customers and suppliers. Experience with CAD, FEA, CFD, Thermal, Vibration and Critical Speed analysis. Design knowledge of bearings, lubrication and system integration.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only