Director - Sales & Service
- Develop, own and execute a country’s sales & service strategy for Vehicle and hydraulics business
- Hire, review, on-board, train and motivate direct reports to accomplish specific sales objectives. Act appropriately to ensure that employees are treated fairly; guide discipline/performance management process as necessary
- Own the strategic planning and profit plan process for Eaton’s Vehicle Group & Hydraulics business
- Responsible for key customer relationships, key job negotiations, and commercial issues to maximize customer affinity and effectiveness of the business
- Responsible for promotions, channel programs, association networking and lead process to maximize the pipeline for growth and return on sales. Coordinate Eaton’s response to commercial issues and lead activities to ensure prompt response
- Support the development of a locally relevant pricing/positioning strategy to maximize price realization and provide input to centralized price team to improve opportunity hit rate
- Drive local coordination of the tendering process, leveraging the centralized bidding team to meet local customer expectations
- Support/Assist in the development of localized sales tools and marketing material for the Indian market
- Develop Service network to improve after sales service and customer service level.
- Lead and Develop team, succession plan, bench strength for future growth. Provide leadership to Sales & Service team in meeting / exceeding financial and aspirational goals
- Sound knowledge of Hydraulics products, technologies and markets with 15 – 17 yrs of experience
- Engineering graduate with understanding of customer application requirements
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal articulation, presentation and written communication skills.
- Familiar with applicable commercial laws and practices
- Capability to scan and obtain market intelligence – good networking skills
- Relationship skills with all levels and functions within the customers organization
- Able to take decisions and organize solutions independently. Strong organizing capability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time