Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Planning Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Reno, NV location.
This position is for a Planning Supervisor at the Reno Manufacturing Plant supporting the Materials and Supply Chain team. This position will oversee the daily functions of the planning team. You will facilitate team efforts to resolve complex planning discrepancies to determine root causes and develop recommendations for corrective action. This position will provide support to various departments within Cooper B-Line in an effort to achieve cost effective flow of materials into the manufacturing facility, meet set inventory turnover goals, and service our customers at the highest level. It will require the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and react quickly to all of our customer demands.
- Supervises the activities of master schedulers and production planners in support of all production and customer service goals. Maintain metrics that measure and drive departmental improvement.
- Works directly with Customer Service to maximize customer satisfaction, identify potential problems and implement creative solutions when issues arise.
- First Line of escalation to resolve and respond to customer service inquires/issues – escalate when necessary.
- Develop and maintain countermeasures to address the root causes of Customer Service related issues.
- Work toward the creation of a lean support culture in accord with our overall division lean objectives.
- Communicate and/or oversee the communication of needs and objectives to first line supervisors, key personnel of procurement, customer service, and product development.
- Collaborate with Production/Maintenance to ensure schedule adherence and execution.
- Schedule Primary Work Centers.
- Assess and communicate overcapacity work center situations and assist in the development of alternative solutions.
- Feedback on team performance and annual performance evaluation responsibility.
- Implement process improvements to increase departmental productivity and effectiveness.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in supervision or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience performing buying and/or production planning function.
- 5-7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to conceptualize, define and resolve complex problems.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Strong Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong, positive work ethic.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks along with excellent time management skills and customer service skills.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- 7 plus years of experience performing buying and/or production planning function.
- 7 plus years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- APICS certification.
- Experience using SAP.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time