Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division is currently seeking a Product Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Mississauga, Ontario facility.
The Product Specialist is responsible for the marketing and engineering of our electrical control and power distribution products up to 600v to meet customer expectations. In this role, you will be responsible for pricing, negotiations, order entry, customer order engineering, customer service, quality and manufacturing of panelboards, switchboards, and enclosed controls. The Product Specialist will report directly to the Commercial Operations Manager.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- You will maintain pricing authority for field sales and distributors.
- You will develop strategies to support sales growth, customer service and price realization.
- You will manage the administration of orders, production planning and scheduling including maintaining inventory availability for the assembly of products.
- You will provide engineering drawings.
- You will prepare quotations, complete AutoCAD drawings and provide application support for Eaton products.
- You will perform all job
functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, Code of Ethics,
as well as Safety and Environmental standards and commitment to safety and
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company —
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
- Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering) from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of AutoCAD experience is required.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 80km of Mississauga, Ontario will be considered
- Minimum 3 years of experience in manufacturing electrical controls and/or power distribution products
- Experience providing/creating pricing details/quotations for customers.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills.
- Strong technical aptitude of electrical distribution and control systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No