Eaton’s Aerospace facility in Grand Rapids, MI is hiring for a Quality Engineer.
Reports to the Manager of Quality. Monitors and reduces process and product variation through the use of statistical tools, including the use of ProLaunch and the Eaton Quality System. Establishes, coordinates and maintains quality assurance standards and procedures; collects, computes, analyzes and reports said quality data as statistical records; conducts required quality testing and develops quality program plans in accordance with supplier, customer, and contract specifications. Quality liaison for customers as required. Supports VSM manager and HPWT as it relates to projects and Quality objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support new and existing products through the implementation of Quality systems and techniques that comply with customer and regulatory requirements.
- You will be responsible for overall product quality primarily of Boeing Commercial or Military and Commercial product lines by establishing effective monitoring of product and process quality through development, implementation and maintenance of assembly and verification instructions, process control plans, PFMEAs and final product verification requirements.
- You will perform and interpret Measurement System Analysis
- You will apply and explain statistical data to all levels of the organization
- You will identify and eliminate areas of variation throughout the manufacturing process.
- You will do root cause corrective actions and work through failure analysis utilizing 8D problem solving discipline
- You will identify and reduce costs of nonconformance: scrap, warranty, rework, etc.
- You will support HPTW and other duties as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 6 months’ work experience in a manufacturing environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), have been granted Political Asylum, or Refugee.
- No relocation will be offered with this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the plant will be considered.
- Demonstrated use of Lean Tools and Six Sigma. ASQ, CQE preferred.
- Experience with mathematical software.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of company products, systems and test rigs; production methods and techniques applied to machined components, assemblies, plating, heat treatments; and materials used in the aerospace industry.
- Knowledge of Quality Control systems and techniques, such as AS9100, including statistical quality control and inspection and investigation techniques.
- Ability to write clear, concise and constructive reports on findings for all levels of management.
- Master's Degree preferred
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) knowledge preferred
- Quality Engineering experience
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No