Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Quality Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Cleveland, TN facility.
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for managing and coordinating the Quality Control functions and related quality assurance activities for all products manufactured by the plant or product line; plan and manage quality control activities to ensure the conformance of manufactured products/equipment with customer specifications and their unique product performance requirements; maintain frequent contacts with customers to resolve product warranty problems; oversee customer quality relations programs and visit customer locations or equipment installations on-site to provide information about company equipment and to effectively mediate issues related to customer satisfaction and to oversee the correction of equipment problems. Provide the Quality interface and expertise between the operation and its customers including managing complaints and taking corrective actions. Participate the error-proofing activities in the facility and participate in efforts to reduce cost of quality and drive process improvements. This position is the main contact for customers, suppliers, employees and support organizations for the resolution of quality related issues.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead the plant’s zero defect initiative while driving efforts to improve quality trends and to reduce costs associated with rework, scrap and warranty claims in line with Divisional goals.
- You will lead the quality team in the planning, organization and assignments of the functional work and strategy. Provide leadership and direction in the development of competencies for the quality team members through the use of APEX development planning and cross training matrix.
- You will utilize a working knowledge of ISO 9001 and Eaton Quality Management System (EQMS) requirements to maintain an effective Quality Management System.
- You will maintain Quality Manual, Procedures and Systems to ensure continued compliance with the ISO-9001 international quality standard and EQMS
- You will maintain and monitor the plant’s quality performance metrics.
- You will interact with customers and field sales engineers as necessary to resolve quality issues through the use of the Customer Quality Management system (CQM) and related processes.
- You will work with design engineering to assure that new product introductions provide products meeting customer expectations for quality and the plants expectations for manufacturability and quality system documentation.
- You will develop and coordinate problems and activities to assess and improve manufacturing processes and product quality.
- You will maintain frequent contact with management, engineers, technicians, and other company personnel to discuss and resolve quality reliability.
- You will interact with suppliers and coordinate supplier quality initiatives for the plant including leading the monthly supplier quality review meeting with the Supply Chain team.
- You will plan and coordinate the use, calibration, maintenance, and application of all electrical test equipment and process control equipment within the company.
- You will oversee the collection and analyze production data to assess and monitor product quality and reliability.
- You will develop statistical analysis and related quality assurance reporting information for review with manufacturing management’s
- You will coordiante and participate in the plant’s audits (process, ISO 9001, EQMS, Fresh Eyes and Quality Management System) and participate in EQMS Assessments at other Eaton sites.
- You will act as the plant’s expert for deploying Eaton Lean System Problem Solving as well as other problem solving and quality analysis methodologies.
- You will coordinate annual reviews of existing Process potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PpFMEA) and Control Plans in line with EQMS expectations while also developing these documents for new products.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing or quality
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Detailed knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to process/product variability, and root cause and corrective action determination.
- Strong problem solving skills are essential.
- Possess project management skills to direct the activities of small to medium size projects
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time