Senior Quality Engineer
Eaton's Fluid Electrical Distribution division in Glenolden, PA site has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer.
In this role, you will work to execute the Quality Assurance strategy to ensure product flow consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements. The Quality Engineer responsibilities include providing quality assurance support to customers, suppliers, partners and internal manufacturing cells. The successful candidate will participate in continuous improvement activities as well as work cross-functionally.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will interface and expertise to proactively assure requirements are understood and satisfied, including assisting in complaint resolution and root cause / corrective action determination.
- You will supports Supply Chain Management in the analysis of supplier quality data by providing expertise with product and process quality requirements.
- You will participate in the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customer requirements are met in new or modified products and processes.
- You will develop, implement and audit complex inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria and procedures/work instructions.
- You will investigate and eliminate causes or complex or multi-dimensional quality problems and follows up on corrective actions.
- You will coordinate with other Quality Engineers to prepare consolidated plant, customer and product status information and action plans.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a quality role in a manufacturing environment
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the facility
- Thorough knowledge and experience with interpreting engineering drawings, and use of precision measurement tools/equipment.
- Quality System Experience (e.g. AS9100, ISO 9001, TS16949, ISO17025)
- Aerospace industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of GD&T
Please note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time