Lead Process Engineer
- Provides project leadership, mentoring, and training for new or junior-level employees on design and development processes, software, procedures, specifications, etc.
- Works with internal and external subject matter experts to identify key processing technologies and determine feasibility
- Evaluates new raw materials, component designs, and process equipment and technologies to ensure product quality and performance
- Engage other team members and the Manufacturing team to capture manufacturability of proposed solutions and lead implementation of new process technologies
- Collaborates with internal and external equipment and tooling designers to establish functional requirements
- Ensure that requirements are properly developed and documented in conjunction with appropriate manufacturing, development, and commercial personnel.
- Analyze process data using statistical tools (e.g. pareto, regression, time charting, analysis of variance, gauge R&R, etc.).
- Review and interpret data to make recommendations on immediate actions, long term corrective actions, follow-up experiments, etc.
- Supports the implementation of design changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization through analysis of designs and problem solving techniques.
- Ensure product requirements are met to the greatest extent possible using the best available technology.
- Develop process documentation and work with Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain and Safety teams to implement documented process
- Implement Process Control and Process Discipline systems into manufacturing operations.
- Understands design, development, and failure analysis through the use of DFMEA, customer returns, or specific development projects. Applies fundamental engineering practices and decision making for problem solving.
- Provides technical expertise that may include supporting failure analysis, developing recommended corrective actions, and providing necessary reports as well as training in areas of expertise.
- Actively pursues knowledge in the process for design changes to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, and standardization through analysis of designs and problem solving techniques. Suggests alternative methodologies or techniques to achieving desired results.
- Participates in providing the creation, implementation and administration of departmental policies, procedures, and work instructions in order to build and promote a team environment for product introduction, development and support activities.
- Complies with requirements of the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Mechanical, Industrial, or Process Engineering
- Minimum 8-year Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Minimum 5 years Aerospace hose manufacturing experience
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) compound mixing/sintering/extrusion experience
- Silicone cover extrusion experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an on-going basis
- Advanced degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Engineering
- 8 years Aerospace hose manufacturing experience
- 5 years of PTFE Compound mixing/sintering/extrusion experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Lean Manufacturing tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time