Business Service Centre Accountant
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
The primary function of this role is to assist the Finance Manager and local Finance organization in ensuring its many & varied obligations are met, driving to improve & standardise country accounting processes (both corporate and business operations).
The role provides financial support on statutory accounting/audits, corporate income tax and indirect tax accounting for Hungary.
This function will closely operate with various Corporate Departments (Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Legal, others), WHQ Global Financial Accounting teams, other Shared Service Centers, and Operating divisions in Country.
Supports the Finance Manager in ensuring all goals and targets associated with internal controls, internal auditing, external audit, statutory reporting and financial advice are met. Assisting with compliance with Corporate Policy and legal requirements; functions as an agent of change to improve systems and procedures.
Your main duties :
· Meet reporting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings.
· Ensure compliance with Eaton financial policies, US GAAP, local statutory regulations, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley.
· Manage & improve financial controls & processes while mitigating issues.
· Performs analyses to support decisions.
· Assist Finance Manager to provide metrics/reports to demonstrate effective process controls, support multiple projects and process improvements.
· Ensure ethical standards are maintained in a manner that accrues maximum benefit to Eaton across all divisions.
· To co-ordinate and support, in the provision of advice and technical assistance to in-country operating divisions and business locations, World Headquarters and other Shared Service Centers, on: central systems, technical accounting issues, VAT, fiscal matters and compliance in accordance with fiscally acceptable criteria and risk management objectives.
· To support the implementation to all Eaton in-country divisions of uniformity of financial accounting systems; ensure that modifications in systems and procedures due to changes in legal, fiscal and corporate requirements are coordinated; maintain the integrity of legal entity and fiscal accounting while minimizing expense to effect such changes.
· Statutory books: ensure that the statutory books are kept in accordance with local accounting rules; management of the accounting records concerning fixed assets local book; managing the reconciliation between US GAAP books and statutory books.
· Statutory reports and audits: support the statutory accounts; participation in the statutory audits.
· Taxes: timely and accurate calculation of tax liability; conducting reconciliation between taxable income or loss and the net income or loss resulting from the statutory books; support external and internal tax audits including Tax Inspections; preparation and filing of the tax information as required by local tax law.
What we are looking for:
· Professional accounting qualification/university degree
· 2-5 years of financial experience
· Knowledge of Hungarian GAAP
· Knowledge of SAP or any other ERP system
· Able to work as part of a team, adhere to company standard processes, practices & policies
· Good working knowledge of the English language
· Effective communication skills essential
· Demonstrable continued personal development in both technical and behavioral areas
· Ability to operate and deliver with minimal day to day supervision
What we offer:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening and to ability testing, as part of the recruitment process.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No