Sub-regional EHS Manager
This position provides environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the sub-region of South-East China within the APAC Region. Incumbent is accountable for: managing significant aspects and risks; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring that MESH self-assessments are thoroughly completed on a timely basis; completion of required training; managing interfaces with governmental authorities; directing actions during crises; management of workers’ compensation. Position is responsible for: objectives and targets; investigation of incidents and establishment of corrective and preventive action plans; communication of regulatory requirements; directing industrial hygiene support, and providing necessary support for site programs such as ergonomics, sustainability, and injury elimination.
a. Facilitates process and provides technical and administrative services such as ergonomic evaluations, safety requirement and energy conservation surveys to ensure compliance with EHS regulations and MESH requirements. Specific attention is needed to evaluate and ensure compliance with local EHS requirements.
b. Develops and facilitates area forums for knowledge and sharing of best practices along with general integration of EHS programs across the area including integration of Corporate, business and Regional EHS initiatives.
c. Establishes local goals and objectives along with timely and accurate reporting mechanisms in support of Corporate/Group/Regional direction.
d. Chooses fiscally and socially responsible methods of reducing operational environmental footprint.
e. Continuously identifies, assesses, and reduces/eliminates EHS risk (including security).
f. Establishes and maintains relationships with governmental authorities on matters of mutual concern including voluntary certification (e.g., ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 registration), maintenance of environmental permits, submission of required reports, and maintenance of data.
g. Provides for timely EHS training of EHS manager and related.
h. Investigates incidents (including near misses, releases, and losses) and accidents to determine root causes and prepares/directs corrective and preventive action plans.
i. Initiates efforts to improve environmental conditions in the community and to foster employee wellness and off-the-job safety.
j. Plans and directs response to emergency situations dealing with the environment, employees, or the community.
k. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of strategic initiatives designed to produce verifiable world-class performance.
l. Assures that Corporate EHS requirements and programs are translated into local languages.
• Comprehension of Eaton, industry, state, and country environmental, health, and safety requirements.
• Strong team-building skills
• Strong organizational skills including ability to manage large number of disparate projects and to track projects through completion
• Thorough knowledge of industrial chemistry and waste control/elimination technology and practices
• Adept at development and utilization of software solutions
• Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
• Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
• Ability to lead and support cross-functional process improvement teams
• 3+ years of experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
• Professional certification preferred (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent).
• Proficiency in local languages preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time