Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Material Handler to join our first shift team. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
The Material Handler will be responsible for moving materials within the facility using powered industrial equipment. Perform SAP transactions related to material movement with extreme accuracy. Perform cycle counts of components for accurate inventory levels. Back up Receiving and Shipper/Packer functions and become proficient in both roles.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be required to maintain a Powered Industrial equipment license (which requires a valid drivers license). Applicant will also use ladders and lifts that will require heights up to 25 feet.
- You will be required to lift heavy materials including packaged boxes, shore power products, and machine shop metals and finished products.
- You will be required to perform SAP daily computer functions.
- You will maintain daily accuracy when performing cycle counts and movement of materials for inventory.
- You will pull materials for regular shipments of materials and put away materials from the receiving area.
- You will be able to read and calculate scales.
- You will observe all safety rules and policies.
- You will perform other related duties as required such as deliver shipments to off -site postal carriers, and pick up materials from off-site locations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 6 months of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of La Grange, NC to be considered
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- 2 years of relevant experience in a material handling or warehouse position
- SAP data entry, and Excel
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to learn, read, and interpret weigh scales, measuring tapes, and rulers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No